[Python-Dev] 2.1.1 maintenance branch

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:41:35 -0400

> How should the 2.1 branch be used? Is it acceptable to propagate
> patches from the mainline to that branch? Is there somebody that needs
> to review changes made to the branch?
>
> Specific case in question: Anthony Baxter found Zope crashing, and
> apparently ceval.c 2.277 fixes that crash. I would now like to forward
> this patch to the 2.1 branch.

I don't know that we're going to do a 2.1.2 release, but *if* we do,
it will be released from the 2.1 branch, so it's a good idea to start
migrating patches to that branch -- VERY selectively.  This is a good
one to start with: an obvious bug that causes a core dump.

If someone (you?) volunteers to act as a 2.1.2 release manager,
chances of a 2.1.2 release go way up.