[Python-Dev] switch & bytecodehacks?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
09 Nov 2001 08:05:09 -0500

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> Could bytecodehacks be made to do the heavy lifting for MAL's switch
> performance testing?  Might be easier than manually creating code strings.

... and from the archives as python.net mail delivery is bust (grr) ...

> Nor have I, but Michael Hudson is the author.  I'm sure his gears
> are already turning... ;-)

Nope.  Haven't worked on bytecodehacks in about 18 months.  It lost
it's appeal eventually.  It doesn't even work properly with Python
2.0, let alone what's in CVS.  It is surely easier to work with the
compiler package (and if it's not, I'm not sure what the point of it
is...).

It doesn't help that I don't really care about the proposed
optimization...

Cheers,
M.

--
  NUTRIMAT:  That drink was individually tailored to meet your
             personal requirements for nutrition and pleasure.