[Python-Dev] who's maintaining tools/idle?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:43:33 -0500

[Fredrik Lundh]
> just noticed that CVS is merging changes into icons/minusnode.gif
> every time I do a cvs update.  doesn't sound right.
>
> turns out that minusnode.gif and plusnode.gif has been checked in
> as text files (no -kb option).
>
> how can I fix this?
>
> (I should know, but I only use perforce these days, and my memory
> isn't what it used to be...)

You're not going to believe this, but I swear it's true:  this happens on
Windows boxes when daylight saving time starts or ends, and sometimes when
you change your computer's clock when traveling across timezones.

The simplest fix is simply to delete the files from your local snapshot, and
let a cvs update recreate them from scratch.

If it's actually related to the lack of -kb (beats me!), Fred (Drake) knows
how to get that flag set retroactively.