[Python-Dev] weird webbrowser behavior

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 31 May 2001 17:00:34 -0400 (EDT)

Eric S. Raymond writes:
 > Fred Drake and I are co-responsible for that code.  If you want to patch it
 > to do this, I won't object.

  I wouldn't object either.  I *do* object to the system setting that
variable by default by either Mandrake or Gnome -- that's just stupid
and inconsiderate of the user.
  Now, if anyone can provide support for Nautilis, I won't object to
that either.  Unfortunately, Mandrake's installer stinks at upgrading
(it couldn't seem to locate my 7.2 installation) and I don't have the
time to figure that out.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>