[Python-Dev] Damn... I think I might have just muffed a checkin

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:48:40 -0500

    >> I just updated httplib.py to expand the list of names in its __all__
    >> list.  I was operating on version 1.34.  After the checkin I am
    >> looking at version 1.34.2.1.  I see that Lib/CVS/Tag exists in my
    >> directory tree and says "release21-maint".  Did I muff it?  If so,
    >> how should I do an unmuff operation?

    Fred>   If that's really a muff, revert the change:

    Fred>         cd .../Lib/
    Fred>         cvs diff -r1.34.2.1 -r1.34 httplib.py | patch

    Fred> and commit the new version as 1.34.2.2:

    Fred>         cvs commit -m 'unmuff...' httplib.py

Functionally, the checkin isn't a muff (it does have the change I intended),
but I was worried about the version number.  Should I have checked it in as
version 1.34.2.1 or 1.35?

Skip