[Python-Dev] Iteration variables and list comprehensions

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 04:00:56 -0400

Tim Peters <tim.one@home.com>:
> That's more like Haskell does it.  But the day we explain a Python construct
> in terms of a lambda transformation is the day Guido kills all of us <wink>.

They'll get *my* lambdas when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers <wink>,
but I find I don't have a strong opinion about how the scoping should work.

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...  The greatest dangers
to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning
but without understanding."
	-- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis