[Python-Dev] unifying os.rename semantics across platform

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 22 May 2001 18:04:11 -0400 (EDT)

skip@pobox.com writes:
 > On the (unsupportable) theory that to-date, more Python apps have been
 > written and/or deployed on Unix-like systems and that where Windows apps are
 > concerned, many developers will have added a thin wrapper to mimic the Unix
 > semantics, I think less breakage would result if the Unix semantics were

  I don't know whether there are more deployed Python apps on Unix
than on Windows (and I've no good idea about how to find out), but I
think unifying the semantics one way or the other is a good thing.
Regardless of which set of semantics is chosen.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations