[Python-Dev] type/class unification and ExtensionClass

skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:01:40 -0500

I know Guido has recently been working on some of the type/class unification
issues (PEPs 252 and 253).  Will this affect ExtensionClass?  In particular,
will it go away or have to be reworked significantly for Python 2.2 or 2.3?
The new PyGtk wrappers use the ExtensionClass module.  I'm curious about how
hard it would be to move away from ExtensionClass for these wrappers.  My
reading of PEP 253 suggests this shouldn't be too difficult.

I'd ask Guido directly, but I figure other people on this list might also
have useful input on the issue and/or be able to answer, saving him the
time.  At any rate, he will see it posted here just the same.

Thx,

Skip