[Python-Dev] RE: Rich comparison of lists and tuples

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:55:26 -0400

> [Guido]
> > I would like to break this down by defining the mapping between cmp()
> > and rich comparisons.

[Tim]
> Good idea!

Followed by many nitpicking questions about what I meant.  As a matter
of process, I think it's better to try to channel instead of challenge
me.  I just don't seem to have the concentration necessary to come up
with all the details needed to make this worthy of a language
definition, and you do.

If you want a BDFL proclamation on currently gray areas in the rules,
or a reversal of what the current implementation does in some cases,
please draft a definition with a few leading questions.