[Python-Dev] PyBench DictCreation (was Re: Performance compares)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 18 May 2001 17:00:21 +0200

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 10:05:45AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> (I guess he means the buffer is alloc'ed contiguously with the dict
> object head.  That's often a nice strategy.  Could do that for small
> lists too maybe, except those haven't gotten anybody's attention just
> yet.)

Sounds to me like it would benifit tuples even more than lists or dicts. At
least in my code, I see more short tuples than short lists, and they are
usually not altered after creation ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>