[Python-Dev] Py_FileSystemDefaultEncoding

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 14 May 2001 11:55:26 +0200

I'm not too thrilled with the way the filename encoding stuff was done, with a
global var declared in posixmodule.c which is then used by bltinmodule.c. It
took me quite a while to figure out why my builds were failing, and how to fix
it. And I think other minority platforms may have the same problem, so maybe
it's a good idea to move the Py_FileSystemDefaultEncoding declaration to an
include file, and do the initialization in a more "common" place?
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++