[Python-Dev] Re: [4suite] ReleaseNode interface in 4XSLT

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 19:02:03 -0600

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > What if we put these on the implementation, that or came up with a
> > standard interface on the node.  Then, every DOM imp that wants to be
> > compatible with xpath/xslt needs to support this interface?
> >

> > node.ownerDocument.implementation.releaseNode(node)
> >
> > or
> >
> > node.py_unlink()
>
> releaseNode sounds good to me; it is unlikely that W3C would give an
> operation that name but a different meaning. Any objections?

Should we standardize all of the python xml extensions with a py
prefix?  pyReleaseNode or py_releaseNode?  Then we will never have to
worry about a name clash.

Mike

--
Mike Olson				 Principal Consultant