[Python-Dev] status of pre?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 17:43:57 -0500

> 2.2 is to be released in october, right?  I'm sure I could shake
> out the remaining bugs in my "stackless SRE" patch until then...

Knowing you that means you'd start working on them late September. :-)

There's actually a possibility that if my types/classes stuff goes
well, Digital Creations will ask for a 2.2 release sooner (e.g. July).
This might have an experimental status, e.g. it might not be backwards
compatible, but it would be the version required by Zope 2.4.  On the
other hand, none of that may happen, or that release would be labeled
2.2b1 or something, or Zope 2.4 might come out after October.

What I'm trying to say is, please try to fix stackless SRE sooner
rather than later!