[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules termios.c,2.24,2.25

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
09 May 2001 21:18:47 +0100

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:

> Michael Hudson writes:
>  > this is a bit pointless.
>
>   You're right!  (Hey, it was your patch. ;)

So it was!  I must have uploaded a slightly stale version of the
patch, because I noticed this when cvs update conflicted with what I
had in Modules/termios.c... oops.

>   I'm checking in a different patch -- essentially,
> PyObject_AsFileDescriptor() does the right thing, and we don't ever
> need to second guess it.

I was a bit concerned that the error should contain the function name.
On reflection, I agree that the code is so much simpler that it's a
win.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
  might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads