[Python-Dev] [Very Long 23kb] List of Patches to Go in 2.0.1

aahz@pobox.com (Aahz Maruch) aahz@pobox.com (Aahz Maruch)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:06:15 -0800 (PST)

Guido:
>Aahz:
>>
>> I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me that the attribute change
>> will generate a different .pyc.  If I'm wrong about that, this patch
>> as-is is fine with me; otherwise, I'd lobby to use the containment fix
>> but not the attributes (assuming we're willing to use part of a patch).
>
> Adding attributes to xrange() can't possibly change the .pyc files.

Okay, chalk another one up to ignorance.  Another thought occurred to me
in the shower, though: would this change the pickle of xrange()?  If yes,
should pickle changes also be prohibited in bugfix releases (in the PEP)?
--
                      --- Aahz  <*>  (Copyright 2001 by aahz@pobox.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Boost the stock market -- fire someone"