[Python-Dev] [Very Long 23kb] List of Patches to Go in 2.0.1

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:22:27 +0200

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:51:27 -0500, "Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> wrote:

> Whew!  What a thankless job, Moshe -- thank you!

I just wanted to keep this in to illustrate the ironical nature of the
universe ;-)

>  Comments on a few:
>
> > Objects/complexobject.c, 2.34->2.35
> > SF bug [ #409448 ] Complex division is braindead
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=409448&group_id=547
> > 0&atid=105470
>
> As we've seen, that caused a std test to fail on Mac Classic

OK, it's dead.

> > Modules/selectmodule.c, 1.83->1.84
> > SF bug 110843:  Low FD_SETSIZE limit on Win32 (PR#41).  Boosted to 512.
>
> I'm afraid that boosting implementation limits has to be considered "a
> feature".

You're right. Killed.

> > Objects/rangeobject.c, 2.20->2.22
> >
> > Fixed support for containment test when a negative step is used; this
> > *really* closes bug #121965.
> >
> > Added three attributes to the xrange object: start, stop, and step.
> > These are the same as for the slice objects.
> >
> > In the containment test, get the boundary condition right.  ">" was used
> > where ">=" should have been.
> >
> > This closes bug #121965.
>
> This one Aahz singled out previously as a canonical example of a patch he
> would *not* include, because adding new attributes seemed potentially
> disruptive to him (but why?  maybe someone was depending on the precise value
> of len(dir(xrange(42)))?).

You're right, I forgot to (partial) this.
(partial)'s mean, BTW, that only part of the patch goes.
I do want to fix the containment, and it's in the same version upgrade.
More work for me! Yay!

--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,