[Python-Dev] Release 2.0.1: Heads Up

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:49:33 +0200

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:23:08 -0500, Guido van Rossum <guido@digicool.com> wrote:

> > Also note that I have started to give a detailed analysis of what
> > exactly has changed in the NEWS file of the 2.0 maintainance branch -
> > I'm curious to know what you think about procedure. If you don't like
> > it, feel free to undo my changes there.
>
> Regardless of what Moshe thinks, *I* think that's a great idea.  I
> hope that Moshe continues this.

I will, I think this is a good idea too.
I'm still working on a log to detail the patches I intend to backport
(some will take some effort because of several major overhauls I do
*not* intend to backport, like reindentation and string methods)
I already trimmed it down to 200-something patches I'm going to think
of integrating, and I'm now making a second pass over it.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,