[Python-Dev] Release 2.0.1: Heads Up

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:00:24 +0200

> I have volunteered to be the Patch Czar (see the PEP!) for the 2.0.1
> release

Great!

> So please, let me know of bugfixes that you need or want in Python
> 2.0.

In addition to your procedures (which are all very reasonable), I'd
like to point out that Tim has created a 2.0.1 patch class on the SF
patch manager. I hope you find the time to review the patches in there
(which should not be very difficult at the moment). This is meant for
patches which can't be proposed in terms of 'cvs diff' commands; for
mere copying of code from the mainline, this is probably overkill.

Also note that I have started to give a detailed analysis of what
exactly has changed in the NEWS file of the 2.0 maintainance branch -
I'm curious to know what you think about procedure. If you don't like
it, feel free to undo my changes there.

Regards,
Martin