[Python-Dev] test_minidom crash

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:19:20 -0500

    >> The bug is in Lib/xml/__init__.py __version__ =
    >> "1.9".split()[1] I don't know what it was supposed to be, but
    >> .split() without an argument splits on whitespace. best guess
    >> is "1.9".split('.') ??

    GvR> This must be because I used "cvs export -kv" to create the
    GvR> tarball this time.  This may warrant a release update :-(

Using "cvs export -kv" is a Good Idea for a release!  That's because
if others import the release into their own CVS, or pull the file into
an unrelated CVS repository, your revision numbers are preserved.

I haven't followed this thread very carefully, but isn't there a
better way to fix the problem rather than stop using -kv (I'm not sure
that's what Guido has in mind)?

-Barry