[Python-Dev] setup.py is too aggressive

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:24:48 +0200

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Martin von Loewis <loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:

> I see. Is it safe to say, for all modules in the core, that importing
> them has no "dangerous" side effect? In that case, setup.py could
> attempt to import them after they've been build, and delete the ones
> that fail to import. Of course, that would also delete modules where
> setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH might cure the problem...

So people who build will have to set LD_LIB_PATH too. I don't see a problem
with that...
(particularily since this will mean only that if the tests pass, only modules
which were tested will be installed, theoretically...)
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,