Alleged deprecation of shutils (Re: [Python-Dev] Function in os module for available disk space, why)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:57:47 -0500 (EST)

Guido van Rossum writes:
 > Yes, but deceptively so.  What should we do?  Anyway, it doesn't
 > appear to be officially deprecated yet (can't see it in the docs) and
 > I think it may be best to keep it that way.

  I don't think it's deceived me yet!  I see no reason to deprecate
it, and I don't recall anyone telling me it should be.  Nor do I
recall a discussion here suggesting that it should be.
  If it has hidden corners that I just haven't run into (and it *has*
been pointed out that it does have corners, at least on some
platforms), why don't we just consider those bugs that can be fixed?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations