[Python-Dev] tests failing on irix65

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:44:29 +0100

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:08:49AM -0800, Flying Cougar Burnette wrote:

> with these changes to test_pty.py I now get:

> test_pty
> The actual stdout doesn't match the expected stdout.
> This much did match (between asterisk lines):
> test_pty
> Then ...
> We expected (repr): 'I wish to buy a fish license.\nFor my pet fish, Eric.\n'
> But instead we got: 'I wish to buy a fish license.\r\nFor my pet fish, Eric.\r\n'
> test test_pty failed -- Writing: 'I wish to buy a fish license.\r\nFor my pet fish, Eric.\r\n', expected: 'I wish to buy a fish license.\nFor my pet fish, Eric.\n'
>
> but when I import test.test_pty that blank line is gone.  Sounds like
> the test verification just needs to be a bit more flexible, maybe?

Yes... I'll explicitly turn \r\n into \n (at the end of the string) so the
test can still use the normal print/stdout-checking routines (mostly because
I want to avoid doing the error reporting myself) but it would still barf if
the read strings contain other trailing garbage or extra whitespace and
such.

I'll check in a new version in a few minutes.. Let me know if it still has
problems.

> test_openpty passes without a problem, BTW.

Good... so at least that works ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>