[Python-Dev] test_doctest failing, but perhaps by accident

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:01:12 -0500

> When running the full test suite, test_doctest fails (in current CVS; did not
> fail yesterday).  This was on Windows.  Other platforms?
>
> Does not fail in isolation.  Doesn't matter whether or not .pyc files are
> deleted first, and doesn't matter whether a regular or debug build of Python
> is used.
>
> In four runs of the full suite with regrtest -r (randomize test order),
> test_doctest failed twice and passed twice.  So it's unlikely this has
> something specifically to do with doctest.

Last time we had something like this it was a specific dependency
between two test modules, where if test_A was imported before test_B,
things were fine, but in the other order one of them would fail.

I noticed that someone (Jeremy?) checked in a whole slew of changes to
test modules, including test_support.  I also noticed that stuff was
added to test_support that would show up if you did "from test_support
import *".  I believe previously this was intended to only export a
small number of things; now it exports more, e.g. unittest, os, and
sys.  But that doesn't look like it would make much of a difference.