[Python-Dev] Sourceforge FAQ

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:01:43 -0800

Tim Peters wrote:

> No:  as my signoff line implied, switch to Windows and tell Tim to deal with
> it.  Works for everyone except me <wink>!  I was just tweaking you.  For a
> patch on SF, it should be enough to just attach the new files and leave a
> comment saying where they belong.

Well, I'm going to bite just one more time. As near as I could see, a
patch on allows the submission of a single file. What I did to get
around this (seemed obvious at the time) was put the contents of the
file (because it was small) in the comment field and attach the "rest of
the patch."

Then I wanted to update the file but comments are added, not replace so
changes were quickly going to become nasty.

I'm just glad that the answer was sufficiently subtle that it generated
a new thread. I didn't miss anything obvious. :)
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.
Python Cookbook!  http://www.activestate.com/pythoncookbook