[Python-Dev] Sourceforge FAQ

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:03:10 +0100

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 11:22:38AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Why not try the "obvious" thing <wink>?

>     % cvs diff -uN <rev-switches>

That certainly doesn't work. 'cvs' just gives a '? Filename' line for that
file, then. I just figured out why the 'cvs add <file>; cvs diff -cN' trick
worked before: it works with CVS 1.11 (which is what's in Debian unstable),
but not with CVS 1.10.8 (which is what's in RH7.) But you really have to use
'cvs add' before doing the diff. (So I'll take back *some* of the dinkytoy
comment ;)

> I seem to recall actually getting this to work effortlessly when I
> generated the Mailman 2.0.3 patch (which contained the new file
> README.secure_linux).

Ah, but you had already added and commited that file. Paul wants to do it to
submit a patch to SF, so checking it in to do that is probably not what he
meant. ;-P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>