[Python-Dev] Preparing 2.0.1

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:40:51 -0500

    MvL> In any case, I'm in favour of a much more careful operation
    MvL> for a bugfix release. That probably means not all bugs that
    MvL> have been fixed already will be fixed in 2.0.1; I would not
    MvL> expect otherwise.

I agree.  I think each patch will require careful consideration by the
patch czar, and some will be difficult calls.  You're just not going
to "fix" everything in 2.0.1 that's fixed in 2.1.  Give it your best
shot and keep the overhead for making a new patch release low.  That
way, if you screw up or get a hue and cry for not including a patch
everyone else considers critical, you can make a new patch release
fairly soon thereafter.

-Barry