[Python-Dev] Preparing 2.0.1

Aahz Maruch aahz@pobox.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:11:31 -0800 (PST)

> So how should requests for patches be submitted?
> Should I enter them into the wiki, post to python-dev,
> email to aahz?

As you'll note in PEP 6, this is one of the issues that needs some
resolving.  The correct solution long-term will likely involve some
combination of a new mailing list (so python-dev doesn't get overwhelmed)
and SourceForge bug management.  In the meantime, I'm keeping a record.

Part of the problem in simply moving forward is that I am neither on
python-dev myself nor do I have CVS commit privileges; I'm also not much
of a C programmer.  Thomas Wouters and Jeremy Hylton have made statements
that could be interpreted as saying that they're willing to be the Patch
Czar, but while I assume that either would be passed by acclamation, I'm
certainly not going to shove it on them.  If either accepts, I'll be glad
to take on whatever administrative tasks they ask for.
--
                      --- Aahz  <*>  (Copyright 2001 by aahz@pobox.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"The overexamined life sure is boring."  --Loyal Mini Onion