[Python-Dev] Preparing 2.0.1

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:22:41 +0100

I've committed a few changes to the 2.0 release branch, and I'd
propose to follow the following procedure when doing so:

- In the checkin message, indicate which file version from the
  mainline is being copied into the release branch.

- In Misc/NEWS, indicate what bugs have been fixed by installing these
  patches. If it was a patch in response to a SF bug report, listing
  the SF bug id should be sufficient; I've put some instructions into
  Misc/NEWS on how to retrieve the bug report for a bug id.

I'd also propose that 2.0.1, at a minimum, should contain the patches
listed on the 2.0 MoinMoin

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin

I've done so only for the _tkinter patch, which was both listed as
critical, and which closed 2 SF bug reports. I've verified that the
sre_parse patch also closes a number of SF bug reports, but have not
copied it to the release branch.

Please let me know what you think.

Martin