[Python-Dev] freeze is broken in 2.x

Eric esr@golux.thyrsus.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:17:42 -0800

It appears that the freeze tools are completely broken in 2.x.  This
is rather unfortunate, as I was hoping to use them to end-run some
objections to CML2 and thereby get python into the Linux kernel tree.

I have fixed some obvious errors (use of the deprecated 'cmp' module;
use of regex) but I have encountered run-time errors that are beyond
my competence to fix.  From a cursory inspection of the code it looks
to me like the freeze tools need adaptation to the new
distutils-centric build process.

Do these tools have a maintainer?  They need some serious work.