[Python-Dev] New list for Discussion of Python's Numeric Model

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:47:41 -0500 (EST)

We've spun off a lot of new lists recently.  I don't particularly care
for this approach, because I sometimes feel like I spend more time
subscribing to new lists than I do actually reading them <0.8 wink>.

I assume that most people are relieved to have the traffic taken off
python-dev.  (I can't think of any other reason to create a separate
list.)  But what's the well-informed Python hacker to do?  Subscribe
to dozens of different lists to discuss each different feature?

A possible solution: python-dev-all@python.org.  This list would be
subscribed to each of the special topic mailing lists.  People could
subscribe to it to get all of the mail without having to individually
subscribe to all the sublists.  Would this work?

Jeremy