[Python-Dev] just trying to catch up with the semantic

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:17:38 -0500

> >     GvR>     To resolve a name, search from the inside out for either
> >     GvR> a scope that contains a global statement for that name, or a
> >     GvR> scope that contains a definition for that name (or both).
> >
> [Barry A. Warsaw]
> > I think that's an excellent rule Guido --
>
> Hmm.  After an hour of consideration,

That's quick -- it took me longer than that to come to the conclusion
that Jeremy had actually done the right thing. :-)

> I would agree, provided only that the
> rule also say you *stop* upon finding the first one <wink>.
>
> > hopefully it's captured somewhere in the docs. :)
>
> The python-dev archives are incorporated into the docs by implicit reference.
>
> you-found-it-you-fix-it-ly y'rs  - tim

I'm sure the docs can stand some updates after the 2.1b1 crunch is
over to document what all we did.  After the conference!