[Python-Dev] __credits__ and __author__ variables

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:11:28 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> OK.  Then I think you goofed up in the __credits__ you actually
> checked in for tokenize.py:
>
>     __credits__ = 'first version, 26 October 1997; patched, GvR 3/30/98'

Indeed, that was mindless copying.

> I would have expected something like this:
>
>     __credits__ = 'contributions: GvR, ESR, Tim Peters, Thomas Wouters, ' \
>                   'Fred Drake, Skip Montanaro'

Sure.  Done.

> You west coasters. :-)

You forget that i'm a Canadian prairie boy at heart. :)

> What does pydoc do with __credits__?

They show up in a little section at the end of the document.

-- ?!ng

"If cryptography is outlawed, only QJVKN YFDLA ZBYCG HFUEG UFRYG..."