[I18n-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Unicode Maintenance

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:36:05 -0400

>     GvR> BTW, I think that Misc/unicode.txt should be converted to a
>     GvR> PEP, for the historic record.  It was very much a PEP before
>     GvR> the PEP process was invented.  Barry, how much work would
>     GvR> this be?  No editing needed, just formatting, and assignment
>     GvR> of a PEP number (the lower the better).
>
> Not much work at all, so I'll do this (and replace Misc/unicode.txt
> with a pointer to the PEP).  Let's go with PEP 7, but stick it under
> the "Other Informational PEPs" category.
>
> -Barry

Rather than informational, how about "Standard Track - Accepted (or
Final)" ?  That really matches the history best.

I'd propose PEP number 100 -- the below-100 series is more for
meta-PEPs.