[Python-Dev] IPv6 and Windows

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:00:43 +0200

> > Is such a requirement acceptable for building the socket module on
> > Windows?
>
> Isn't this the MS SDK that has the new "Open Source" license
> clause in it ?!

No, this has a different license text, which can be seen on

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/download.asp

On redistribution, it says

# If you redistribute the SOFTWARE and/or your Source Modifications,
# or any portion thereof as provided above, you agree: (i) to
# distribute the SOFTWARE only in conjunction with, and as part of,
# your Source Modifications which add significant functionality to the
# SOFTWARE; (ii) to distribute the SOFTWARE and/or your Source
# Modifications solely as part of your research and not in any
# commercial product; (iii) the SOFTWARE and/or your Source
# Modifications will not be distributed for profit; (iv) to retain all
# branding, copyright and trademark notices included with the SOFTWARE
# and include a copy of this EULA with any distribution of the
# SOFTWARE, or any portion thereof; and (v) to indemnify, hold
# harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or
# lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise or result from
# the use or distribution of your Source Modifications.

I don't know whether this is acceptable or not.

Regards,
Martin