[Python-Dev] _PyTrace_init declaration

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:29:51 +0200

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 11:52:16PM +0200, Jack Jansen wrote:

> I'm getting "no prototype" warnings on _PyTrace_init, and inspection
> shows that this routine indeed doesn't show up in an include file. As
> it is used elsewhere (in sysmodule.c) shouldn't it be called
> PyTrace_init and have it's prototype declared somewhere?

No, and yes. the _Py* functions are internal, but non-static (used in other
files.) They should have a prototype declared somewhere, but they shouldn't
be used outside of Python itself. It shouldn't be named 'PyTrace_init'
unless it is a supported part of the API.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>