[Python-Dev] Releasing 2.0.1

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:10:01 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:19:03AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> So I think it's good to go now.  I can release a 2.0.1c1 this week
> (indicating a release candidate) and a final 2.0.1 next week.

+1 here.

> If you know a good reason why I should hold off on releasing this, or
> if you have a patch that absolutely should make it into 2.0.1, please
> let me know NOW!  This project is way overdue.  (Thomas is ready to
> release 2.1.1 as soon as this goes out, I believe. :-)

Well, not quite, but I can put in a couple of allnighters (I want to do a
review of all log-messages since 2.1-final, to see if I missed any checkin
messages, and I want to update the NEWS file with a list of bugs fixed) and
have it ready in a week or two. I don't think 2.1.1 should be released
*that* soon after 2.0.1 anyway.

I noticed this in the LICENCE file, by the way:

Python 2.1 is a derivative work of Python 1.6.1, as well as of Python 2.0.

and

8. By copying, installing or otherwise using Python 2.1, Licensee
agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License
Agreement.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>