[Python-Dev] Releasing 2.0.1

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:19:03 -0400

I think it's now or never with the 2.0.1 release.

Moshe seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.  His last
mail to me (May 23) suggested that it was good to go except for the
SRE checkin and the NEWS file.  I did the SRE checkin today (making it
identical to what's in 2.1, per /F's recommendation) and added a note
about that to the NEWS file -- I wouldn't know what else would be
needed there.

So I think it's good to go now.  I can release a 2.0.1c1 this week
(indicating a release candidate) and a final 2.0.1 next week.

If you know a good reason why I should hold off on releasing this, or
if you have a patch that absolutely should make it into 2.0.1, please
let me know NOW!  This project is way overdue.  (Thomas is ready to
release 2.1.1 as soon as this goes out, I believe. :-)