[Python-Dev] sys.modules["__main__"] in Jython

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:02:06 -0400

[Finn Bock]
> To me it seems like Jython defines sys.modules["__main__"] in the same
> way as CPython.

Thank you, Finn!  doctest has always avoided introspection tricks for which
Jython doesn't work "exactly the same way" as CPython.  However, in the past
it achieved this by not paying any attention <wink>, then ripping out bad
ideas when a Jython user reported failure.  But now that it's in the std
library, I want to proceed more carefully.  Skip's idea is much more
attractive now that you've confirmed it will work there too.