[Python-Dev] another dict crasher

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
03 Jun 2001 22:47:48 +0100

"Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> writes:

> It would be better in this case to go back to the top and start
> over.

Yes.  What you checked in is obviously better.  I'll stick to being
the bearer of bad tidings...

> However, then an adversarial user can construct a case that never
> terminates.

I seem to have done this - it was odd, though - it only loops when I
bump the dict to fairly enormous preportions for reasons I don't
really (want to) understand.

> Unclear what to do.

Not worrying about it seems entirely reasonable - I now have sitting
on my hard drive the wierdest way of spelling "while 1: pass" *I've*
ever seen.

and-I'll-stop-poking-holes-now-ly y'rs
m.

--
 The rapid establishment of social ties, even of a fleeting nature,
 advance not only that goal but its standing in the uberconscious