[Python-Dev] another dict crasher

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:42:35 +0200

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 11:12:33AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MH> segfaults both 2.1 and current (well, maybe a day old) CVS.
>     MH> Haven't tried Tim's latest patch, but I don't believe that
>     MH> will make any difference.

> That is highly, highly nasty.  Sounds to me like there ought to be an
> emergency 2.1.1 patch made for this, bumping Thomas's work to 2.1.2 if
> necessary.

Why bump 'my work' ? I'm just reviewing patches checked into the head. A fix
for the above problems would fit in a patch release very nicely, and a
release is a release. Besides, releasing 2.1.1 as 2.1 + dict fix would be a
CVS nightmare. Unless you propose to keep it out of CVS, Barry ? :)

> And if we can trojan in the NAIPL (New And Improved Python
> License), I wouldn't mind. :)

I'll channel Guido by saying he wouldn't even allow us to ship it with
anything other than the PSF licence :)

Gee-I'd-almost-think-you-had-a-need-for-an-FSF-suffered-licence-ly y'rs
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>