[Python-Dev] METH_NOARGS calling convention

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:31:15 -0400 (EDT)

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > > Any opinions which signature to use?
 >
 > The second...

  Seconded.  ;-)

 > I'm not sure how you will get extension writers who
 > have to maintain packages for all three Python versions to
 > ever change their code to use the new style calling scheme:
 > there simply is no clean way to use the same code base unless
 > you are willing to add tons of #ifdefs.

  You won't, and that's OK.  Even if 3rd-party extensions never use
it, there are plenty of functions/methods in the standard distribution
which can use it, and I imagine those would be converted fairly
quickly.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>