[Python-Dev] Plan to merge descr-branch into trunk

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:19:39 -0400

Unless somebody raises a killer objection over the next ~24 hours, I plan to
merge the descr-branch back into the trunk Wednesday PM (EDT), thus ending
descr-branch as a distinct line of Python development.

Since it would be intractably hard to roll back the code changes, this
represents a solid commitment to Guido's type/class work for 2.2 final.
There may be objections on those grounds.  If so, good luck selling them to
Guido <wink>.

I don't have any worries about the mechanics of the merge, so you shouldn't
either.  We've been very conscientious over the last month+ about merging
trunk changes into descr-branch frequently, and of course I'll do that one
last time before going the other direction.

all's-well-that-ends-ly y'rs  - tim