[Python-Dev] Parrot -- should life imitate satire?

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:56:57 -0400

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:24:32AM +0200, Thomas Wouters wrote:
>Parrot types ? The differences in the regex engine; in Python, regular
>expressions are optional. Also, the Perl engine has some features SRE

If regex opcodes form part of the basic VM, would the main loop end up
looking like the union of ceval.c and pypcre.c/_sre.c?  The thought is
too ghastly to contemplate, though a little part of me [*] would like
to see it.

--amk

[*] "Taking it in its deepest sense, the shadow is the invisible saurian
tail that man still drags behind him. Carefully amputated, it
becomes the healing serpent of the mysteries. Only monkeys parade
with it."  C.G. Jung, in _The Integration of the Personality_. (1939)