[Python-Dev] Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

Samuele Pedroni Samuele Pedroni <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch>
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:00:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi.

[Michael Hudson]
>     One - probably called Compile - will sport a __call__ method which
>     will act much like the builtin "compile" of 2.1 with the
>     difference that after it has compiled a __future__ statement, it
>     "remembers" it and compiles all subsequent code with the
>     __future__ options in effect.
>
>     It will do this by examining the co_flags field of any code object
>     it returns, which in turn means writing and maintaining a Python
>     version of the function PyEval_MergeCompilerFlags found in
>     Python/ceval.c.
FYI, in Jython (internally) we have a series of compile_flags functions
that take a "opaque" object CompilerFlags that is passed to the function
and compilation actually change the object in order to reflect future
statements encoutered during compilation...
Not elegant but avoids code duplication.

Of course we can change that.

Samuele Pedroni.