[Python-Dev] Python on Playstation 2

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:43:00 -0700

It isn't publicly available but Python has been ported to the
Playstation 2 video game console. The only weakness is that a binary
distribution wouldn't be useful because the format of Playstation CDs
isn't portable. Jason Asbahr told me about. Perhaps at the python
conference he can slip us some bootleg disks with a raw interpreter
prompt "game". It might be somewhat tedious programming with a gamepad
thingee but it would nevertheless be cool to be able to. The real goal
of the port is to use Python as a scripting language for a game with a
silly-sounding name that I can't remember.
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.