[Python-Dev] Re: post mortem after threading deadlock?

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 09:44:28 -0700 (PDT)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I believe that Aahz, in his thread tutorial, has even more radical
> advice: use the Queue module for all inter-thread communication.  It
> is even higher level than semaphores, and has the same nice
> properties.

Not only that, Queue.Queue has the especially nice property of handling
both data protection (mutexes) and synchronization.

I'm following up primarily to announce that I've just uploaded my OSCON
slides (new and improved!) to http:/starship.python.net/crew/aahz/
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.