[Python-Dev] shouldn't we be considering all pending numeric proposals together?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:01:26 -0400

[MAL]
> May I suggest that these rather controversial changes be carried
> out on a separate branch of the Python source tree before adding
> them to the trunk ?!

Sure, provided you're volunteering to keep the branch in synch with the
trunk:  branches are both expensive and risky, unless the intent is never to
merge in either direction.

Much as I hate the obfuscating effects of #ifdefs, these changes are
localized enough that it would be a clear net win to use them rather than
branches, if Guido gets weary of maintaining a patch.