[Python-Dev] PEP 253: Subtyping Built-in Types

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:33:35 -0400

> About the typeobject.h struct names: could you tell me the Py-prefixed
> names of the getset et al. lists ? I'd rather not use the current
> non-prefixed names.

Argh, there aren't any Py-prefixed names for these yet!  Nor for
structmember.  Since these are just structure names, they aren't
visible to the linker, so there shouldn't be any conflicts with 3rd
party libraries.  But for consistency, and for compile-time as opposed
to link-time conflict avoidance, they really should use Py-prefixes.
I've added a bug report for myself so I won't forget.