[Python-Dev] number-sig anyone?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:21:42 -0500

Dev-ers,

I have been guilty of generating as much heat as light the past few days on
the subject of integer division (though not quite as much heat as Stephen
Horne!).  For that I apologize.

There are several active PEPs related to various aspects of Python's concept
of numbers.  Yesterday I found these:

     S   211  pep-0211.txt  Adding A New Outer Product Operator    Wilson
     S   228  pep-0228.txt  Reworking Python's Numeric Model       Zadka
     S   237  pep-0237.txt  Unifying Long Integers and Integers    Zadka
     S   238  pep-0238.txt  Non-integer Division                   Zadka
     S   239  pep-0239.txt  Adding a Rational Type to Python       Zadka
     S   240  pep-0240.txt  Adding a Rational Literal to Python    Zadka
     S   242  pep-0242.txt  Numeric Kinds                          Dubois