[Python-Dev] CVS build breakage: snprintf finds its way into socketmodule.c

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:56:46 -0400

    MF> In the current CVS of 2.2, a call to snprintf now occurs in
    MF> socketmodule.c, breaking builds on those systems without such
    MF> a library call (such as Tru64 Unix, and older Solarises).

I have a GPL'd version of vsnprintf() -- taken from GNU screen -- in
Mailman for systems that don't have native support.  That's not
appropriate for Python, but I seem to remember a few other LGPL or
MIT-ish licensed versions floating around when I did a search a couple
of years ago.  Maybe it's time to add our own which would only be
linked in if the platform didn't have native support?

-Barry